July 23, 2008

The Result: DeCio's Thai Peanut Pasta

Thai Peanut Pasta is definitely a keeper. I was really pleased that this turned out as well as it did. The sauce was a perfect consistency, and the flavors were very well balanced.
The biggest surprise was that my son LOVED it. He just gobbled it up! Needless to say, when my picky toddler actually eats well, it makes me a very happy mommy.

The added veggies were a nice touch. I ended up stir frying the chicken, then I removed the chicken to a platter, and stir fried the frozen veggie mix in the same wok. When the veggies were cooked, I put them on the platter with the prepared chicken and made the sauce. After the sauce was finished, I put all the cooked ingredients back into the wok and combined. Everything was very well coated, and not overly saturated with the sauce. I think this dish would not have been as tasty without the veggie mix, and just the red peppers. I used Bird's Eye Asian Vegetables. The mix had a combo of sugar snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, red peppers, baby corn, and water chestnut. The extra vegetables made the whole thing a little more substantial. The recipe itself turned out to be very filling and I did not serve the spring rolls, as planned.

I would recommend making this dish, even if you do not have the DeCio pasta on hand. The sauce was flavorful enough to serve with regular rice or noodles. The flavored pasta was just icing on the cake. Don't get me wrong, the Szechuan Orange Spice linguine was really tasty and smelled very fragrant. The scent reminded me of herbal orange tea. Overall, I am glad I tried this recipe. It certainly was not boring and my family really loved it.

No comments: