- Get all your prep work done first, because once you start cooking the recipe comes together very quickly.
- Read through the ingredients and directions thoroughly before you start cooking; this will give you an idea of how the steps flow together.
- Add about 1 1/4 cup of cheese with the egg mixture. Also, grate an additional 1/4 cup of cheese for garnish.
- Use 5-6 strips of bacon, diced.
- Use 1 finely minced clove of garlic; add it when the onions are softening and do not burn.
- Make sure you use plenty of salt. Salt the pasta water generously, and use a little more than the recommended amount in the recipe.
- Use about 3 to 4 ladles of pasta water to get the right sauce consistency.
- Garnish each portion with a little more cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over the top.
It was nice to have the husband cook for me, and I really liked the hands-on feedback that I would not have gotten, normally.