August 17, 2008

Grilled Steaks, Brussels Sprouts, & Leftover Potatoes/Mac and Cheese

I decided to make a easy dinner again tonight, because I wanted to spend most of the day getting caught up on chores. I really need to get my house in order for the upcoming week.
I found two steaks on sale last week (during my bargain meat bonanza) and that seems like a good choice for tonight. All I do is thaw the protein, smother with a bottled bbq sauce, let it marinate for a few hours, and then the husband grills it outside. Ridiculously easy.
We still have leftover mashed potatoes and mac & cheese, so those will be tonight's side dish. For a veggie, I found a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts on the bottom of our big freezer. Since I am not sure how long they have been down there, I will just cook 'em up. I steam the Brussels sprouts until tender, melt a tablespoon of butter over them, use a tiny splash of lemon juice, and then salt and pepper to taste. That's it!

I found some other freezer gems that I will make during the week that will be a little more involved. But tonight, it is steak night!

No comments: