August 15, 2008

The Result: Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese & Marinated Grilled Whole Chicken

Alright, I need to come up with some new adjectives. I keep writing that dinner was "good", "fantastic", "awesome", "great", "yummy", etc., but those words do not always convey how fabulous certain recipes turn out. I think I need a better vocabulary. If my adjectives were more accurate, then I could express my opinion more clearly. So, until I can become a little more descriptive you will have to put up with my loquaciousness (now there is an adjective). Anyway, back to my post.

Tonight's dinner was awesome.

The marinade and the mac and cheese recipes were phenomenal (there is a good one, too). The chicken grilled up perfectly, producing tender, juicy, flavorful meat, with crispy skin. Totally Yummy!
The mac and cheese was great, despite an earlier mishap. While I was boiling the water for the noodles, I mixed the cheese sauce in a separate bowl. I measured out the dry pasta, and instead of putting the dried pasta in the boiling water (where it was supposed to go) I accidentally put the dried pasta in the cheese sauce mix. Yikes! Thankfully, I did not stir. All the uncooked noodles were sitting on top, and I was able to pick all of them out and toss them away. I am glad I had a big box of dried pasta because I just boiled the other half I had left (rather than rinsing each dried noodle one by one). It was a little stressful, but at least I saved the mac and cheese.

My whole family seemed to thoroughly enjoy each dish...in fact, I think my father in law had thirds on some items. I will make both these recipes again!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I have a mac and cheese recipe similar to that one. I haven't made it in a long time. You know those cookbooks I have displayed in my kitchen? It's on the cover of one of those. I may have to make it soon.