August 21, 2008

The Result: DeCio's Corn and Pasta Frittata

Yeah...not good. Not good at all. Although, I must confess...this one is mostly my fault. I totally goofed it up. First, if you actually read the recipe (a novel idea) it says to use only 3 oz. of pasta. Yeah, I used the whole pack. Oops. Then, I was on the phone yapping with Barb (Hi, Barb!) and I lost track of time. I totally overcooked it. It looked like some sort of old brown shoe. Really not good. The husband is reluctantly taking a piece for lunch tomorrow...I think only to spare my ego.
The part of it that was not my fault were the flavors. I think they were a bit strange. The sweet corn and flavored pasta threw a weird, mish-mashed (is that a real word???), funky-in-a-bad-way, taste into the dish. The only word I can think to describe it properly is YUCK!
Normally, when I bomb a dinner I will remake it at some point, just to prove to myself I can do it. Not this one. I really disliked it. My brusied ego is not worth having to eat this meal over again. Okay, okay....to be fair, it could have been horrible just because I screwed it up so bad. I just don't care enough to find out.

No comments: