September 19, 2008

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

I need an easy dinner for tonight...because I have issues.

I have a severe food hangover from yesterday. We had our first MOPS meeting yesterday morning (another local group in which I belong) and then I had my Mom's Night Out game night last night. There was lots of yummy treats at all of these places, and I have no self control. I ate myself silly. Add those two events up with my Tater Tot Casserole, and it equals a food hangover. Ugh. I am sluggish, tired, cranky, slightly delusional, and I am 2.5 pounds heavier today. Yikes!

Really, the food hangover is just the tip of the iceberg. I have other issues, too. We are running low on staple items, but I am certainly not going to the grocery store today! A cranky mommy at a grocery store with a toddler is just a recipe for disaster. Yeah...definitely no grocery store today.

All those issues are minor compared to the other trouble I have brewing.

I STILL have tortillas from the Mexican grocery store. Tortillas are coming out of my ears. I need to use them, because they are wearing out their welcome. I think the corn tortillas and the flour tortillas are starting to organize. They have been in my fridge so long, I think they are hatching a scheme for a revolt. I swear I saw blueprints of my house floor plan the last time I opened the fridge. At minimum an escape plan is in the works. I am convinced I heard a small voice shout something about "Viva el Pancho Villa" !!! Don't worry I have it under control...the jelly has been spying on their meetings and reporting back to me.

(See I told you I was tired today...maybe even a bit delirious.)

Once all these factors are taken into account, you surely understand my need to find a suitable dinner. Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps nicely fits all of my requirements. It is easy, I won't have to go to the store, and those tortillas will finally get their comeuppance.

You may be saying to yourself that this dish may possibly look like another Claire recipe. Well, you're right. But, considering the direness of my circumstances I really don't have a choice in the matter. Recipe stalking is needed, in this most desperate of dark situation. I can't handle dinner on my own. I am not even thinking of myself here, either. I need to consider the bigger picture. It is not for me, but rather, for the overall peace in my kitchen.

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

Ingredients:
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas OR any unruly tortillas you may have on your hands

Directions:
Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chips instead of tortillas.

Jen's Notes:
Don't forget to laugh fiendishly as you eat your TORTILLA wraps.

No comments: