September 20, 2008

Jen's Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Surprise

I am feeling a bit under the weather today. Last night I started getting a sore throat and slight nasal congestion. Today, I feel real run down...but my throat isn't as bad. I am not sure if I am sick, sick....or it is just some form of weird Arizona allergies (which we all know can sometimes be as bad as a cold).

So, I want warm, comforting, homemade soup...but there is a hitch (isn't there always a hitch???). I refuse to go to the store today. I will need to go to the grocery store at some point this weekend, but certainly not today. Therefore, I need to concoct a soup with stuff I have on hand. Also, all that newly made chicken stock is begging to be used.

I started looking up recipes, and realized that I either did not have all the ingredients on hand, or the recipe was not specifically what I was looking for. I would like some components of the dish, but then the other ingredients are not what I want in my soup. That leaves me to inventing my own soup, and making the recipe up as I go along. So, that is what I am going to do tonight. I don't have a solid plan...we will just see how it works out. As you can see, I did craft a clever title. I have started thawing out some frozen dinner rolls in anticipation of my soup. Don't you just love fresh, warm rolls to mop up soup with???? Yum.

I will make sure to post results and the final recipe after our dinner, tonight. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: