October 10, 2008

Jen's Sauteed Zucchini in White Wine Reduction

I thought I would start with my veggie side dish for today's dinner posts. I wanted to shake things up a bit...you know, live dangerously. I scored some zucchini on a trip to a local farm with my MOMS Club. My son and I literally picked it right out of the field! You cannot get much fresher than that. I have been dying to use it, and I thought it would compliment tonight's dinner really nicely.

So what is the rest of my dinner you ask???? Well, a couple family stand-bys that we have not had in months. With all of the new recipes that I try, it takes a while to get our favorites back in rotation. I don't think we have had tonight's dinner choices since I started this blog back in July. Actually, it will be a treat...this is another one of the husband's all time favorite meals. Am I being purposely evasive and not telling you our whole menu??? HMMMM... Instead of spilling the beans, I think I am going to just let you piece it together post by post. Okay...there is three recipes in all. Here is the first dish.

Jen's Sauteed Zucchini in White Wine Reduction

Ingredients:
2 medium or 4 small zucchini, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of white wine (Alternate: substitute red wine for a totally different flavor)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add zucchini and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add a big pinch of salt. Add garlic and reduce heat to medium. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant. Do not burn garlic (garlic should be barely browned and have very little color on it). Add more salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and stir in white wine. Put pan back on heat, and reduce mixture until most of liquid has evaporated and wine has formed a light syrup. Turn off heat and serve immediately.

No comments: