November 11, 2008

The Big Blue

I had some leftover Gorgonzola that needs to be used badly. The husband h-a-t-e-s blue cheese of any kind, so I am the only one in the house that will eat it. I found this easy recipe for blue cheese salad dressing from my Pasta & Co By Request cookbook. It is pretty thick so it can also double as a dip (think spicy chicken wings/legs or crudites). This dressing will keep for a month, so it seems that it is the perfect vehicle for my Gorgonzola issue. We have a ton of salad ingredients, and I made sure to buy the husband some Ranch dressing for his salad to avoid any potential pouting. All in all, this is a great solution to my blue cheese problem.

The Big Blue

Ingredients:
1 cup of quality mayo (Best Foods is recommended)
1 cup of sour cream
6 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled (I used Gorgonzola)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Store in an air tight container, and use as needed. Salad dressing will keep for at least one month.

No comments: