November 1, 2008

Chile Cheese Egg Puff

I had my friend Danielle's baby shower today, in which I brought this dish. Today was the first time I had ever made it, so I was not sure if it was going to turn out okay or not. I figured I better hold off posting the recipe until I knew for sure that it was post-worthy. Well, it was totally post-worthy! It was really easy to make and super yummy.

Originally, I got this recipe from an old co-worker a few years ago, and I never got the chance to make it. I have always wanted to save it for a special occasion, because it uses a lot of eggs and cheese and seems a little too indulgent for everyday breakfast food. Well, all the planets finally aligned and I decided to make it for Danielle's shower. Oh man, it was good. I will definitely keep this dish as a go-to recipe for parties and potlucks!

Chile Cheese Egg Puff

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
12 eggs
1 pint of cottage cheese
1 lb. of Monterrey Jack or cheddar shredded cheese
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 or 2 - 4 oz. can(s) of green chiles (depending on how much green chile you like)
salt and pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash or Adobo Seasoning blend to taste

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Mix eggs in bowl until frothy w/ electric mixer, add other ingredients and mix well by hand. Season egg mixture with salt, pepper and either Mrs. Dash or Adobo seasoning blend to taste.

3) Grease 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Mmmm...this was so yummy!!!