November 17, 2008

(Claire's Friend, Benah's) Pumpkin Crumb Cake

The nice thing about having a friend with a cooking blog, is that you can steal...I mean get inspiration from...recipes that she has collected from her other friends. This cake is a recipe from Claire's friend Benah, which Claire posted on her blog a couple weeks ago. It is really, really good. I had a chance to sample a piece of this cake at a playgroup that Claire hosted, and let me tell you, it is definitely worth recreating. I found some frozen pumpkin puree from about the time of the Mesozoic Era in my freezer (carbon dating analysis will confirm exactly how long it was in my freezer...ugh), so I thought that this cake would be perfect for using that up. My house is going to smell so yummy!

Pumpkin Crumb Cake

Crust:
1 pkg (18 oz) yellow cake mix (take out one cup for topping)
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:
1 lb can pumpkin
3 eggs
½ c granulated sugar
¼ c brown sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
½ c granulated sugar
½ c chopped nuts (optional)
3 tbsp butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix crust ingredients; pat into greased 9x13 pan.

Beat filling ingredients; pour over crust.

Combine topping and crumble over filling.

Bake for 45-55 minutes.





The Result:

Dear Claire and Benah,
Thank you for bringing this cake into my life. It is so amazingly delicious and easy. I love it! I would sing you a song about how much I L-O-V-E this cake, but I am tone deaf. It is better if I just write you this love letter. XOXO.

Warm Regards,
Best Wishes,
Hopelessly Devoted,
Forever Yours,

Jen B.

No comments: