November 4, 2008

Claire's Pot Roast: Jen's Variation

I spent the morning standing in line for 3 hours so I could vote, but I was smart enough to think ahead for dinner. I put this pot roast recipe in the slow cooker this morning, before I left for the polls. See, sometimes I am lucid enough to plan ahead!
I love this recipe! It is so yummy and totally easy. I used to cook pot roast a little differently, but since Claire exposed me to this version I probably won't make it my way ever again. It is that good! I did put a small twist on it, as I did the last time I made it. Either way, it is fantastic and I am looking forward to an easy and yummy dinner tonight.

Claire's Pot Roast

Ingredients:
2-3 lb. chuck roast (I think that's the cut I was using)
3-4 potatoes, peeled and in chunks
4-5 carrots, peeled and in chunks
1 envelope onion soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Jen's Variation:
Add the following ingredients to the above recipe-
1 onion, diced into chunks
3 ribs of celery, cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, diced into pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 Tablespoons of water

Directions:
Place cut potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and garlic in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour small amount of water over veggies. Sprinkle top of veggies with salt and pepper. Place roast on top. Sprinkle onion soup over roast and vegetables. Pour can of soup over roast and vegetables. Cook on low 7-8 hours.

No comments: