November 10, 2008

Pastor Ryan's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

The Pioneer Woman often has a guest cook on her website; her friend, Pastor Ryan. Judging from his posts, it seems that Pastor Ryan also knows his way around a kitchen. His recipes look really yummy and fairly easy to make. This recipe debuted on November 1st and I have been drooling over it ever since. Unfortunately, the recipe steps are not spelled out in written format, but rather explained with pictures. Instead of trying to piece together a recipe, I will include the link below so you can click and go see the photos/recipe for yourself. I think I will serve this dish with some brown rice and broccoli. Also, I have some green onions that need to be used, and will make a nice garnish. I will let you know how it turns out later.

Just click on the title to be redirected to shrimpy goodness...

Pastor Ryan's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp


Ummmm.....I can't wait for dinner!!!!!




The Result:
This dish was SHRIMPLY DELICIOUS! Hardy-Har-Har. Seriously, this is a keeper. It was really quick and easy to put together and oh-so-good. As you can tell by the photo, I totally forgot to use my green onions. Oh well, today is a new day, and I think they are still okay. My only critique is that it could have used a little salt and I wish there was more "glaze". It was still fan-freakin'-tastic despite those little changes. The salt thing was easy to correct with a sprinkle of table salt. The glaze was so spicy and yummy I could have drank it as a beverage. This dish went perfectly with the brown rice and broccoli...I highly recommend trying it!

No comments: