December 29, 2008

Green Beans with Bread Crumbs

Here is the green bean dish. I found this through a quick allrecipes.com search, as well. Nothing really too exciting, just a different take on green beans that I have not tried. I will let you know how it turns out!

Green Beans with Bread Crumbs

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Combine green beans and 1/2 cup water in a medium pot. Cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let beans cook for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
2. Place beans in a medium serving bowl, and mix in bread crumbs, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Toss mixture until the beans are coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.



The Result:
I am just going to review both recipes here. Both the fish and green beans were really good and pretty easy. I left the fish in for a minute too long, therefore I got some black spots on the crust. It tasted fine, but it is not the most eye-appealing feature of this dish. Other than my mistake, the fish was perfectly cooked, and the crust was yummy. The husband really liked it, and he is fairly picky about fish recipes. Overall, I will make this dish again...it was really good.
The green beans were awesome! So easy and delicious. This is a definite keeper! It added a little extra zing to boring ol' green beans. I really, really liked this application.

No comments: