February 14, 2009

Leftovers

Leftovers are not very romantic for Valentine's Day, but the husband is taking me to a swanky restaurant next week. All the reservations were full up for today, and we did not have a babysitter anyway. I am not a big fan of crowds or waiting or hoopla of any kind, so we usually celebrate V-Day either early or late to avoid the craziness. I really don't mind, I would much rather go out when it is calm and I can relax and enjoy my meal. Also, the special V-Day menus are usually pretty limited and over-priced to boot. The husband knows all my quirks, so he accommodates by adjusting our plans. I love that he is so thoughtful.

So, for tonight it's leftover Red Beans and Rice, which I love. I am actually really excited to eat this meal again, and the hubs is taking care of making the rice and warming up the rest of our dinner. I can just take it easy...which is really the best Valentine's Day present of all!

On another note, I have been having some serious laptop issues, and I finally conceded that I need a new one. My posts have been short and sporadic since I haven't had a reliable computer these last few days. The husband ordered me a new one today, so it should be delivered within the next 5 to 7 business days. So, please be patient with me for the next 5 to 7 working days...until I can get my hands on my new laptop. My current model keeps conking out in the middle of my using it, or it becomes so slow it locks up. I don't know how frequent my posts will be due to the problems I am having. I will try to maintain business as usual on the 'ol blog, but no promises. Keep your fingers crossed that I can keep this computer going until I get my new one!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you on the new computer! And red beans and rice sounds perfect for Valentine's Day--RED Beans, WHITE rice--what could be more romantic? Besides, that dish just gets better and better--I prefer them as leftovers to made-that-day!