April 28, 2009

I'm Back...Sort Of...

Whew! I am back to the land of the living! It's amazing how a bout of stomach flu can make the ol' jeans fit better! I am trying to look on the bright side of being sick for two days...at least now my pants aren't too tight anymore. (What can I say, I am a "glass half-full" type of gal.) Unfortunately, my little boy is still somewhat under the weather. There is nothing as heartbreaking as a sick child. It is so pathetic. Seriously, it breaks my heart to see my little guy so run down. Ugh. Hopefully, he is at the tail end of this bug, too.

I plan on cooking something tonight, but it will probably be bland, bland, bland. My tummy is still not 100%, and neither is his...so something easy and non-controversial will be our dinner tonight. If I make anything interesting I will make sure to post it. Or if you have any suggestions for easy, bland food for people with sick bellies, I am all ears....just leave a comment. We have been eating scrambled eggs and/or breakfasty type foods for a couple days now, and I am kinda done with that. Really, I can't even stand the smell of toast at this point. If I can't think of anything, I may just go with plain spaghetti noodles and butter or something. With fingers-crossed, I should be back to normal meals tomorrow.

UPDATE:
The husband ended up making scambled eggs, again. Perfect food for soothing a sick tummy, but you really did not miss out on anything exciting at my table.

No comments: