May 16, 2009

Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken

I had a great time in San Diego, but I am happy to be home. I really missed my husband and my crazy pets, and there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed! (My 90 lb. Doberman must have missed me too, because he is literally sitting on my lap as I type this...it's a little awkward trying to balance a laptop on the dog.) We had a blast, but being away makes me appreciate home so much more. Although, I must say, I oddly miss hanging out with Claire and her mom. They are fun ladies and we laughed a lot this past week!
I picked up some new dinner ideas while I was gone, so I am excited to work these meals into my repertoire. We all took turns making dinner on our trip to cut back on food expenses. The dinner selections were all very yummy. Claire's mom, Karen, made a simple but awesome 'Pesto Salmon' that I am going to copy this week. It was fan-freakin'-tastic! Also, Claire made one of their old family favorites called 'Pork Chops and Swamp'. Yum! This dish was so homey and comforting, I know my husband will love it as much we did. I have already worked both meals into my menu plan, and I am very excited to try them on my own.

Tonight's dinner is husband's choice. Since he had to fend for himself for almost a whole week, I thought that making him one of his favorite home cooked meals would be nice. I know, I know...I am a good wife. I think I will serve this chicken with a side of saffron rice with black beans, a salad, and glazed carrots.

Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken

I am looking forward to cooking in my kitchen again, too. I think this will be a good meal to help me ease back into the swing of things around here. It is delicious and fast to put together. My husband made a perfect choice!

No comments: