July 9, 2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread

I am always at a loss at what to do about breakfast. Most mornings I just scrounge up whatever is easy, and the boy and I graze on it. Handfuls of dry Cheerios is my morning specialty. I decided I would make some banana bread, and solve the breakfast dilemma for awhile. Since I had three overripe bananas that needed to be used, my bread idea would kill two proverbial birds with one stone. I perused RecipeZaar.com a few months ago and found this recipe. I think I made it once, but never posted it for some reason. It turned out to be both an easy and yummy banana bread recipe, so I thought I would make it again. Now all I have to do is slice off some banana bread tomorrow, and breakfast will be served!

Sour Cream Banana Bread
Adapted from:recipezaar.com/recipe #9351 by Charishma Ramchandani

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed, ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sour cream OR plain Greek-style yogurt

Directions:
1. Grease 1 large loaf pan.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together, melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients, and mix to combine.
4. Add mashed bananas, nuts, and sour cream (or yogurt).
5. Mix well and pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

Jen's Notes:
I like to substitute yogurt for sour cream to make this a little healthier. It works well in this application, and tastes great!



The Result:
As you can see, I could not restrain myself. I ended up hacking off an end piece and eating it before I took my pic. This was really great...probably the easiest and yummiest banana bread recipe that I have tried, thus far.

No comments: