November 8, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 11/08/09-11/14/09

I did pretty well with my weekly menu plan this past week, only deviating once on Saturday. We had some friends come over for dinner, so I decided to push back the steaks on the grill and do soup in the slow cooker and sandwiches instead. It was very easy to put together and the casual dinner gave us time to visit with our friends.
So, our steak feast has been pushed back to this week. I got a smokin' deal on T- bone steaks at the store a couple of weeks ago. They are huge and came three to a package. I think I will morph one into a meal of steak sandwiches, and save the other two for grilling. Either way, it is a nice change of pace to have good cuts of beef on hand. We rarely have steak, so it should be a real treat!

The other good news for this week is that I have two 'new' recipes on the menu!!!! I am happy that I actually have a couple different things to try out...I was beginning to think that my ability to cook new foods had completely disappeared. Whew! I am glad to be branching out from the familiar a little, and I am really looking forward to our upcoming meals this week. I will post my new recipes on the days that I make them.

Weekly Menu Plan: 11/08/09-11/14/09

Sunday 11/08: leftover Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup, side salad

Monday 11/09: Cheese steak sandwiches w/ grilled onions,green peppers, & mushrooms, side salad (No real recipe...this is where one of my T bone steaks is going)

Tuesday 11/10: T-bone steaks on the grill, Ina's Carmelized Butternut Squash (new recipe...thanks for the idea, Claire!)

Wednesday 11/11: Tater Tot Casserole, steamed green beans

Thursday 11/12: Jen's Pesto Chicken and Gnocchi with Broccoli

Friday 11/13: Ina's Butternut Squash Risotto

Saturday 11/14: Crab Cakes, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies (here is my other new recipe)

Jen's Notes:
I just noticed that this will be quite the red meat week. Beef lovers rejoice!

No comments: