December 6, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/06/09-12/12/09

For me, menu planning is getting harder and harder lately. I don't know if it is because of my busy schedule, the expansion of my pregnant belly, or the sudden lack of cheese in my diet. Whatever the case, I seem to struggle with figuring out our family dinners every week. (I know, I know...every week I complain about it, as well.) This week, I had to find a lot of inspiration from my friend, Claire's blog. Nothing in my archives looked as appealing, since we have "been there/done that" before with most of my recipes. I pulled a couple new recipe ideas from Claire to spice up our menu, so I am pretty excited to try some new things in the days ahead.

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/06/09-12/12/09

Sunday, 12/06/09: Jen's Baked Chili Mac Penne Surprise (I need to use up my leftover hot dog chili from the other night, so I am going to concoct some sort of baked pasta with it)

Monday, 12/07/09: Basil-Mushroom Pork Chops, TJ's wild brown rice mix, and steamed veggies (this new recipe is from my friend, Danielle via Claire's blog).

Tuesday, 12/08/09: Rick Bayless' Crusty Chorizo and Black Bean Tortas with Tomatillo Salsa, Baked Sweet Potato Fries (new recipe)

Wednesday, 12/09/09: Easy Roasted Chicken (& homemade chicken stock), steamed veggies, tater tots

Thursday, 12/10/09: Jen's Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers, baked potatoes, & salad

Friday, 12/11/09: Cooking Light's Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice & salad

Saturday, 12/12/09: Dinner out! (However, I have three recipes to take to different events. I will make sure to post those dishes later.)

No comments: