December 27, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/27/09 - 01/02/10

I hope everyone had a safe and pleasant Christmas! This was the first year my son really "got" the concept of Christmas, so I really enjoyed watching him experience the joy and wonder of it all. Although we had a great time with family and friends, I am looking forward to a little down time in the coming week.
The husband and I really need to buckle down and focus on preparing our house for the arrival of our two new babies in early March. The countdown has begun!!! With that said, meal planning and dinner will not be top priority around here. I am planning on sticking to my routine, but the emphasis will continue to be on easy and quick (as it has been). It seems that there is so much to do before the big day in March arrives...I just hope that we can accomplish all of our goals. I am certainly looking forward to the new year, and all the adventures that it will bring for our family!

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/27/09 - 01/02/10

Sunday, 12/27/09: Leftovers again! (Finally, my fridge is cleaned out.)

Monday, 12/28/09: Jen's Chicken and Gnocchi with Broccoli

Tuesday, 12/29/09: Rick Bayless' Chorizo, Mushroom, and Potato Tacos (new recipe) with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, salad

Wednesday, 12/30/09: Tomato sandwiches and salad (A ridiculously easy sandwich from my childhood consisting of toast, sliced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and mayo.)

Thursday, 12/31/09: Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish Sandwiches and Cole Slaw

Friday, 01/01/10: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!! Ellie Krieger's Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce, roasted potatoes, glazed carrots (new recipe)

Saturday, 01/02/10: Dinner out!

No comments: