January 10, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan: 01/10/10 - 01/16/10

My mother in law ended up bringing dinner over to us last night, so my Baked Deviled Chicken Legs recipe is on hold until this evening. She made a yummy Taco Soup with 3 kinds of beans, hominy, corn,tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ground beef. Actually, it was more like a stew. It wasn't overly spicy, but had plenty of Tex-Mex inspired flavors. I will have to bug her for the recipe, because we all really liked it. Thankfully, she brought a huge slow cooker full of the soup/stew, and then left all the leftovers for us. We have enough food for at least one more dinner. I love it when that happens!

Other than that, I think I will continue on doing light grocery shopping and only buy the necessary items, while focusing on getting most of my meal planning ideas from my freezer and pantry. I am getting low on protein items, but I still have a couple of weeks to go before I totally run out. With two meals already accounted for, I only have to figure out five more dinners for the rest of the week. Yippee!

Weekly Menu Plan: 01/10/10 - 01/16/10

Sunday, 01/10/10: Baked Deviled Chicken Legs, Creamy Parmesan Orzo, veggies (see previous post)

Monday, 01/11/10: Leftover Taco Soup/Stew

Tuesday, 01/12/10: Jen's Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs (for Hoagies), salad

Wednesday, 01/13/10: Loaded Baked Potato Soup, salad (new recipe)

Thursday, 01/14/10: Vegetarian Frittata (with mushrooms), salad

Friday, 01/15/10: Jen's Swiss Steak, mashed potatoes, roasted zucchini and yellow squash

Saturday, 01/16/10: Leftovers

No comments: