April 2, 2010

I'm Back...

Well, I am officially itching to start cooking again. My hiatus lasted approximately 5 weeks...pretty short considering that I have two new babies to tend. Overall, life with twin infants is going pretty smoothly. The middle of the night feedings are rough; but things are starting to normalize at my house. During my 5 week cooking break, I even found some time to try two new recipes in which I will share the links with you. (Sadly, I did not get photos of the finished meals--but don't worry...they were both excellent recipes, so I am sure you will see them again on my blog.) I think I am going to post my new recipe links below and do a separate post for my upcoming meal plan, starting on Sunday, April 4th (just in time for Easter). The good news is that I think you will see a variety of new recipes in the coming weeks. I want to find some new favorites, since all of our meals in the last few months have been past repeats. Also, I need to lose some serious baby weight; so I am going to try and keep all of our meals healthy. Hopefully, I can keep up with my new expanded role of motherhood, normal household management, and cooking/blogging. Wish me luck!

Here are my "new" recipe links that I tried:

Aggie's Grilled Portabella and Brie Burgers

Nick and Toni's Penne alla Vecchia Bettola

Jen's Notes:
For Aggie's Portabella Burgers I served them on ciabbiata rolls and made two sandwiches with the brie and then made two with the substitution of goat cheese (the husband is not a brie fan). Both versions were EXCELLENT! This makes a great vegetarian meal.

Nick and Toni's Penne alla Vecchia Bettola was actually a recipe demonstrated on Barefoot Contessa's TV show. As instructed in the show, I used Italian San Marzano whole tomatoes in the sauce which is not noted in the written recipe. Again, this was a great vegetarian meal!

No comments: