April 11, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan: 04/11/10 - 04/17/10

This week I am bringing you a bonanza of healthy menu items! I recently checked out Cooking Light's Everyday Favorites from the library and found a bunch of good-sounding recipes in it that I can't wait to try. I have three dishes slated for this week from that cookbook; and I think I will pull some other from it for next week, as well. I am seriously considering holding the book hostage from the library until I can sample everything that I have marked in it.

I love trying new things, so I am really looking forward to our upcoming dinners this week. Most of the meals that I have selected are designed to use up the bounty of produce in my fridge, so there are a lot of vegetarian dishes thrown into the mix for good measure. Hooray for variety!

Weekly Menu Plan: 04/11/10 - 04/17/10:

Sunday, April 11th: Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie (I have leftover pot pie filling and biscuits to use up, so I am improvised a meal. Sadly enough, this did not turn out well, and I ended up giving most of it to the dogs. It really was a stinker...not even worth posting. The biscuits did not cook properly and the raw dough mixed in with the filling. Not good. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.), sauteed zucchini

Monday, April 12th: Jen's Veggie Parmesan with Jenn Nelson's Fabulous Marinara Sauce, bread (I am using fresh veggies instead of the TJ's bag of mixed)

Tuesday, April 13th: Bacon, Ranch and Chicken Mac and Cheese (this is a find from Claire's blog via the March 2010 issue of Cooking Light magazine), salad

Wednesday, April 14th: Leftovers for the family, and dinner out for me!

Thursday, April 15th: Falafel Pitas with Jen's Homemade Hummus, garlic artichokes

Friday, April 16th: Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Sandwiches with Red Onion and Goat Cheese (from Cooking Light's Everyday Favorites), Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Fries

Sunday, April 17th: Potato Gnocchi with Spinach and Yellow Squash (from Cooking Light's Everyday Favorites)

No comments: