July 26, 2010

Jen's Mango Lime Smoothie

The husband and I had a delicious smoothie this past weekend, and this is my attempt to duplicate it. I think mine turned out just as great as the original, and I gave it a couple of extra little nutritional boosts.

Jen's Mango Lime Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 mango, diced
juice of 1 lime
1 cup of low-fat vanilla yogurt
1-2 Tablespoons of honey (or more for desired sweetness)
1/4 cup of egg whites
1/2 cup of fat-free milk
1/2 cup of flax seed meal
1 cup of ice cubes

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and puree on high speed until combined and smooth. Add more milk if you need a thinner texture, or more vanilla yogurt if you need a thicker texture. Serve in a glass and enjoy!



The Result:
This was a fantastic breakfast...both filling and refreshing! I am happy that I have some leftover in the fridge for tomorrow.

No comments: