October 15, 2010

BBQ Brisket Pizza

If you have ever wondered what to do with leftover, smoked, BBQ brisket, here is a fantastic solution! Nom, nom, nom.

BBQ Brisket Pizza

Ingredients:
cooking spray
1 batch of your favorite whole wheat pizza dough (mine is homemade)
your favorite BBQ sauce, either homemade or bottled
leftover smoked, BBQ brisket slices
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Stretch pizza dough out on a large sheet pan. Cover dough with as little or as much as you like of your favorite BBQ sauce. Place cut slices of brisket on top of the BBQ sauce layer. Sprinkle cheese evenly over meat and sauce. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!!!



The Result:
So yummy. I didn't bother to link to my pizza dough recipe again, since I figure you could just find it as a sidebar tag. This recipe is super-easy and would also work great with BBQ chicken or pork. Also, I didn't bother to put any ingredient amounts, since this pizza is pretty much a no-brainer and would be fairly hard to goof up. For a fresh element; I think some sliced green onions would make an excellent garnish, as well. I feel like I am rambling a bit today... Anyway, we all LOVED this pizza!

No comments: