December 22, 2010

Salmon with Hoisin Glaze

My little man is sick with a nasty cold, so we are having a jammie and movie day at my house. It is so pathetic when little ones don't feel good; it's just sad. Anyway, I am going to make this post short today; I just started the boy's favorite flick Cars, and I promised I would watch it with him while the twins are taking their morning nap. Sorry, but a sniffling and coughing 4 year old takes precedence over my blog post.

This is another quick and easy keeper from Martha Stewart. I didn't have the salmon "steaks" that the original recipe called for, but instead used the 6 ounce salmon fillets I had in my freezer. I reduced the cook time, and this fish recipe turned out perfect cooked and totally yummy. A side of Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles, mixed with veggies, completed our dinner. This was on our table in a half an hour!

Here is a link to the adapted noodle recipe:
Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles (with Asian Veggies)

Salmon with Hoisin Glaze
Adapted From: marthastewart.com

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons honey
4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions:
1.Heat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey.

2.Rinse salmon and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place steaks on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush generously with glaze.

3.Broil salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in center, 5-8 minutes.



The Result:
This was easy and delicious! Now back to our movie...

No comments: