May 21, 2011

Ihop Buttermilk Pancakes

The seal has been broken...I have really embraced carbs again. Not just carbs; but simple, evil carbs. Refined white flour and processed sugar??? Yes, please! Actually, there has been a lot of crazy talk about the end of the world lately. I figured that if there was a miniscule chance for the rumors to be true (fat chance) I figured I might as well go to heaven happy. Other than red wine and some alone time with the husband, I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the impending rapture than with yummy, buttery pancakes. Handy excuse???? Yes, please!

Ihop Buttermilk Pancakes
From: Food.com; by: x0xMandYx0x on August 24, 2004

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 pinch salt
splash of milk (if needed)

Directions:
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Mix all of the ingredients until combined. (Optional: If the batter is too thick add a splash of milk to thin out a bit.)

Melt a little bit of butter in the pan. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes.

They should be golden brown. Cook the pancakes on the other side until they are also golden brown.

The Result:
These were excellent. Sometimes I just get a hankerin' for good ol' buttermilk pancakes, and this was a great version. I must confess, Ihop buttermilk pancakes are my favorite. When I was at the end of my pregnancy with the twins, I would stop at Ihop on the way back from my check-ups and get 'all-you-can-eat' pancakes. Let me tell you, a pregnant mama can really put away the pancakes! Shameful, I know. Anyway, these were a pretty accurate version of the chain restaurant; maybe even a little better. We don't eat this way very often, so it's a real splurge when we do. These pancakes totally hit the spot!

No comments: