June 14, 2011

Lasagna Cupcakes

This was a cheap, easy, and DELICIOUS version of lasagna that
my friend, Claire posted on her blog a week or so ago. The recipe seemed so family-friendly I knew I had to try it right away. Oh man, I am glad I did...we LOVED these fantastic lasagna cupcakes!


Lasagna Cupcakes


Source: CruftBox.com via the Cooking Claire

Ingredients:
24 won ton or gyoza wrappers
Marinara sauce
1 lb. Italian sausage or ground beef
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Spray or wipe a cupcake/muffin tin with olive oil. Place one wrapper in the tin form it into a cup shape. Add a small dollop of pasta sauce then some sausage. Add a spoonful of ricotta cheese. Once you filled in the first layer, gently press another wrapper on top of the ricotta layer, forming another cup. Repeat the filling and top each with shredded mozzarella.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.





The Result:
As I said, these are awesome! I deviated from the instructions a little and just combined my Italian sausage and sauce together. I don't think it really made much of a difference, because our cupcakes turned out great! Yum, yum, yum!

No comments: