I totally forgot about this recipe, until I checked my camera and saw that there was a photo of this dinner that I didn't post! I don't know why this recipe slipped my mind; it was delicious and family-friendly. You'll have to excuse me...having three kids really does kill all kinds of brain cells. Ugh. I forget the details on how/what/when/where/and why I came across this recipe; but I can tell you that it was darn good. Sometimes I am such a space cadet!!!! Anyway, this was an awesome dinner that we all enjoyed.
Kittencal's Moist Cheddar-Garlic Oven Fried Chicken Breast
From: Food.com; By Kittencalskitchen, Recipe #82102
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
1/2 cup finely grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used a 1 lb. package of chicken tenders.)
shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Butter (or spray with cooking spray) an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
3. In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper.
5. Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
6. Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through, larger breasts may take more time (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
7. Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional, I left this step out).
Mmmmmm....fancy, crunchy, cheesy, garlicky, chicken fingers. This is a recipe that is worth making again and again.