April 14, 2012

Turkle Burgles



I have a bunch of blog updating to do, but I can't really remember what all we've had for our dinners. I think I just start with last night's meal and work backwards. Hopefully, the photos on my camera will jog my memory.

I found this recipe on my BFF, Claire's blog. This is a family recipe of theirs that is very kid-friendly and easy to put together. The family and I went to Disney On Ice yesterday, then ran some errands after the show. By the time we got home, the kiddos were wiped out and hungry. I put these sandwiches on the table with some roasted asparagus in less than a half an hour. Everyone happily munched down their Turkle Burgles (I LOVE that name!) and some people--ahem--even had seconds. These were pretty darn tasty!

Turkle Burgles

Ingredients:
4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls (I use Oroweat Sandwich Thins)
8 slices cooked bacon
8 slices turkey (or enough for four sandwiches)
4 slices cheese (I used a combo of Swiss and provolone cheese)
Thousand Island salad dressing

Directions:
Heat broiler. Toast hamburger buns. Place bottom half of buns on a cookie sheet. Top with 2 slices of turkey, 2 strips of bacon (I tore mine in half to get more bacon coverage), and slice of cheese. Place under broiler until cheese begins to melt. Spread dressing on top half of bun and top sandwich.


No comments: