March 26, 2013

GG's Lasagna



My friend, Claire has been telling me about her grandma's lasagna for years now. I've always wanted to try it, but alas, she has never posted the recipe until recently. It's always good to have a couple of good lasagna recipes in your back pocket, and until this one, I've always just stuck with my mom's recipe. Well, once Claire updated her blog with GG's recipe, I knew lasagna was going to be on our table posthaste. Let me tell you, GG did not disappoint. It. was. fantastic. My kids loved it, and my husband said that it was one of his favorites (Secretly, I think he liked GG's lasagna better than my mom's version, but he knew better than to say that out loud.) The best news is that I now have a second lasagna recipe to alternate between my mom's. If you are in the market to try an awesome lasagna, this one is highly recommended!!!

GG's Lasagna
From: Claire's grandma GG (as posted on Cooking Claire blog)

Sauce:
1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 T. dried parsley
1 t. oregano
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. thyme
1 bay leaf

Simmer. Remove bay leaf before using sauce.

Other ingredients:
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix together sour cream and cream cheese.

Assemble in a flat baking dish and layer:
1/3 cup sauce, noodles, cream cheese and sour cream, mozzarella. Keep layering until mozzarella cheese is on top.

Bake 45 minutes at 350.

No comments: