December 22, 2015

Doritos Chicken and Cheese Casserole

I've been remiss again with blog posting. To be fair, I had decided to renew my interest in blogging during one of the most hectic times of the year. Not brilliant on my part. I was right in the middle of my school semester, barreling towards finals --and without catching a breath-- headed straight on into the holidays. Needless to say, I cooked a few new recipes and then went right back into survival mode (read: breakfast for dinner and mac n cheese from the blue box). At any rate, my kiddos and I are in the midst of winter break and I am finally catching my breath. I have Christmas all locked down...except for gift wrapping. Since I need to do that sans-children, I am left with getting odds and ends accomplished on my to-do list completed. Blog updates is one of those check boxes.

I don't remember exactly when we had this casserole, but I think it was the same week as the burgers from the previous post. I can see in the edges of the pic, I served it with rice and roasted broccoli. I remember we all loved it. I mean, really, what is not to love. Doritos, chicken, cheese...all rolled into casserole-y goodness. It was kid-friendly, to say the least. I will certainly put this on the list for a repeat dinner, provided I remember it and I am feeling like I want to cook an actual meal again someday (it is a rare occurrence these days). This recipe was very yummy and so easy, a chimp could put it together. If that is not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is!


Doritos Chicken and Cheese Casserole
From: Pinterest- Pindelight.com

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of corn, drained
1/4 cup minced onion
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium sized bag of nacho cheese Doritos, crushed


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Lightly spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Spread the bottom of the pan with half of the Doritos . Reserve one cup of cheese. Mix together remaining ingredients in a large bow. Pour chicken mixture over the Doritos. Top casserole with the remaining cheese and Doritos. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: