July 29, 2008

Honey Baked Chicken II

I have gotten my dinner plan together early today. While the boy was wrapped up in a thrilling episode of Go Diego Go! , I decided to check out allrecipes.com for dinner ideas. I had a hankerin' for Indian curry...but I did not want to make a full-fledged curry dish. Also, I want something with chicken, rice, and some sort of sauce. I am having a very specific type of taste craving...so I just searched for those recipes that fit that criteria. I found this recipe while I was poking around and thought I would give it a whirl. This dish has some curry in it, but not a whole lot. The predominant flavors are honey-mustard. It seems to fit what I am looking for, in theory. There seem to be a lot of flavors in this dish...so it will either be really, really good...or really, really bad. There are some notes from other cooks advising on how to adjust the spices & cooking method for a better result. I think I may try some of their suggestions. If you haven't noticed, I hardly ever make a recipe as written. I am a firm believer that recipes are just guidelines, and are never written perfectly. There is always room to adjust and make a recipe to suit your tastes. I will indicate what changes I actually made in The Results, later on. I am encouraged by all the positive user reviews and I hope this dish does not disappoint. I will serve this recipe with rice and a side of green beans. I will let you know how it turns out.


Honey Baked Chicken II

Yields: 4 servings

"INGREDIENTS:
1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut
into pieces
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Place chicken pieces in a shallow baking pan, skin side up. Combine the melted butter or margarine, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder and pour the mixture over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes), basting every 15 minutes with pan drippings, until the chicken is nicely browned and tender and the juices run clear.


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com

Jen's Notes:
I am using boneless, skinless chicken breast and thighs instead of the whole chicken. Since I am using different cuts, I will probably reduce the cooking time. I don't want the chicken to dry out, so I will cover with foil for the first half of the allotted time.

No comments: