July 28, 2008

The Result: Jen's Steak Fajitas

The fajitas were as lovely as I had imagined. I really stuck to my method and did not deviate. I made a couple of funky changes, but nothing radical. I put red wine, instead of red wine vinegar in the marinade. Also, a splash of cider vinegar. Other than that, I decided not to make a side dish of black beans. Instead I put black beans in the sauteed veggies. I rinsed and drained the beans as usual, then sauteed for a few minutes with the onions and green peppers. When the mixture looked a little dry, I put about 3/4 cup of beef broth in the skillet and simmered it down until it almost evaporated. This gave everything a nice cohesive flavor. It turned out really good. I did make glazed carrots as my side item. Surprisingly, the carrots went very well with the fajitas. Simple and satisfying!

No comments: