Can you think of anything that sounds better than breaded, buttery, garlic, cheesy, chicken??? I can't. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I cannot wait to try it. It sounds absolutely decadent! The majority of the user reviews (a total of 664 on the website) are positive. I think I will make baked potatoes and saute some zucchini to go along with this dish. I am not sure if I will need to make any changes yet, but I will let you know how it turns out.
Garlic Cheddar Chicken
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves - pounded thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 8/9/2008