August 9, 2008

The Result: Garlic Cheddar Chicken

The Garlic Cheddar Chicken was a big hit. My mom, husband, and son loved it! The chicken itself was super flavorful and the bread crumb/cheese topping was addictive. I did not want to stop eating it. The husband said that he was impressed. My mom said that she was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not ooey-gooey. Despite the large amounts of both cheese and butter, the dish was much lighter and crunchier than we expected. The cheese/bread crumb mixture slightly crisped when baked and kept the texture of the chicken moist....very, very yummy.
The only critique I have was that the cook time written in the recipe was not accurate for me. It took closer to 40 minutes; rather than 30 minutes. The only recipe deviation I made was that I added some Japanese Panko bread crumbs into the mixture. I also flipped on the broiler for about 3 minutes to set the crunchy topping. I will definitely add this to our list of go-to chicken recipes.

No comments: