August 29, 2008

Jen's Mexican Chicken Casserole Surprise

I am formulating a plan for dinner. I am not sure how it is all going to come together, but I feel as though one of my surprise dinners is in order. I kinda, sorta know what I want...I am just not sure how I am going to pull it off. Does that make sense? No??? Well let me back up and explain.

I am feeling very uninspired today. I am still in my pajamas, and I have not gotten up the gumption to even get in the shower yet. Yeah...it is after noon. My kid is still in his jammies too, but I figure, he is little and he can get away with it. I might decide to dress him before the husband gets home, so I don't seem like a total lazy lima bean.
Anywho...back to dinner. My friend Claire had White Girl Enchiladas a couple nights ago for dinner. They sound really good...but I am faced with a dilemma. I can't bring myself to copy yet another one of her meals.
I have been just copying whatever she has been posting on her blog lately, because it is much easier to plagiarize my meal ideas. It spares me from the whole process of coming up with something original. See, I told you I was uninspired. If I am not ripping off Claire's ideas, then I hunt for someone elses ideas to steal...like Pioneer Woman, Emeril, etc. It is a vicious cycle.
Okay, so of course I want to make Claire's White Girl Enchiladas. They sound excellent. However, I cannot bear to copy yet another dinner of hers. Even I have limits! Besides, it will go straight to her head...(not really). So, instead of being a total copy cat (as I would like to be) I am going to invent something new that is similar...but not the same. See how that works??? My conscience will be cleared and I can still sort of copy. Ha! I love my ethical flexibility!
Also, I have some ingredients that need to be used that I can incorporate into my dish.

I don't have a recipe, because I am literally going to make it up as I go along. I will unveil my surprise concoction with the results in a separate post. Maybe not tonight (I do have somewhat of a life, you know), but soon...probably tomorrow. All I can give you right now is the title to my invention. Oh, and it has chicken in it.

Wish me luck.

No comments: