August 14, 2008

Tartar Sauce

I found this recipe yesterday on epicurious.com. The recipe notes that it was originally published in Bon Appetit magazine in January 1999, to accompany a different seafood dish. I enjoy out-of-the-norm flavors, so I thought this was an unusual twist on boring tartar sauce. I have all the ingredients on hand, so I thought I would give it a go. I will let you know how it goes when I do the result post later. I am really looking forward to this dinner!

Tartar Sauce
Makes about 1 1/3 cups

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.

Jen's Notes:
I need to supplement some of the ingredients, based on what I have on hand. For example, I don't have dill pickles...but I do have dill pickle relish. Also, I have bottled lemon juice, not fresh. I think I will use a little fresh dill in this recipe too, because I need to use it up...but only a tiny amount.

No comments: