September 18, 2008

Jen's Hummus: Plain

I decided to bring hummus for my Mom's Night Out game night. Hummus is always a crowd-pleaser and it is super easy to make. I did not add any flavor variations this time, I just stuck with my base recipe. Yum! I think I will stop at the store and grab some pitas to serve with it.

Jen’s Hummus: Plain

Base Recipe Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (aka garbanzo
beans)
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt or light sour cream
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup of feta cheese


In food processor blender, puree all the ingredients with 1-2 tablespoon water. Add more olive oil and salt, if needed.

Jen’s Notes:

This recipe can be easily doubled. All measurements are approximate.

No comments: