November 22, 2008

Chipotle Tamale Pie

I am really tired. Not 'run-around-all-day-chasing-after-the-kid-while-trying-to-do-errands' tired...but sleepy. Not-fully-functioning sleepy. My husband took my son to the in-laws Party Palace this morning, bright and early. Normally, I would be jazzed about having some alone time...but instead I am just sleepy. Messy-haired, cranky, pajama-clad, yawning, eye rubbing, just-out-of-bed, sleepy.
Normally, when I am this sleepy I just push a button on the coffee pot and coffee starts coming out. Then, I stand by the coffee pot in the kitchen until there is enough for me to pour a cup. Then, I drink said coffee until I regain a level of normal human consciousness, while the whole time shuttering with delight. I call that stage, "the golden time".
Hmmmm...I can hear your thoughts....why does she only have to push one little button for delicious, life saving coffee goodness????
Because the husband normally spoils her(which is me) and sets up her (my) coffee before he leaves in the morning, so all she has to do stumble to the kitchen and push a button for fresh-brewed. yummy. liquid pleasure! (My brain is so foggy I am not sure which tense/person I am even writing in...first person??? third person??? future???? present progressive???? past tense???? I don't know anymore).
This system works beautifully because I am usually out of it, and really, super-cranky until I get a cup of coffee in my system. Yes, I know I am lucky to have a husband that makes coffee for me every morning. Yes, I know he is a wonderful person for setting it up so I can push the button to ensure fresh coffee goodness, and not make me drink his leftovers from when he gets up (this means he makes coffee twice a day). He is a prince among men...I know this...that is why I married him. It has been so long since I have personally made my own coffee, I don't know how to do it anymore!!!

So why am I telling you all this?????

Because there is NO coffee.

I woke up to press the button, and the green light did not go on. What????? No green light. I pressed it again. No green light. HUH??????? Perplexing, isn't it???? I thought so. I tried a third time, and realized that he did not make me coffee today. I was actually sad....and a little mad. I am going to have to go it alone today. Sigh. I need to tell my husband how much I appreciate his coffee making. But first I need some coffee....


Okay, the coffee is brewing. Thankfully, the husband came home and saved the day.

Now, you are asking yourself, "What does all this have to do with her food blog?"

Nothing, really. I just wanted to over-share. Don't judge me.

So, I am a little behind with last night's dinner post. We had Chipotle Tamale Pie. Actually, I took Claire and family (who just had her baby; in case you didn't know) some for dinner as well. Don't worry...I made two batches. Sheesh. It was good. Here is the photo. That is all I have to say about that. Now I am caught up...and I can go enjoy my coffee.

1 comment:

Claire said...

This is awesome!!! I'm eating my third helping of it since you brought it over last night...dinner last night, cold for breakfast this morning, and just now for lunch. I'll have to add it in to rotation at our house. YUM!