November 19, 2008

Jen's Bean Tostadas

I bet you were all hanging on the edge of your chairs, wondering exactly what I was going to do with my beans. Well, I made Bean Tostadas. They were phenomenal! Really, really good. I am ridiculously pleased with myself.

Jen's Bean Tostadas

Ingredients:
5 whole wheat tortillas (medium sized)
1-2 cups of Jen’s Slow Cooker Beans (Smashed/Refried Style) OR any refried beans
Shredded lettuce
Chopped white onion
Salsa of your choice
Avocado, smashed with lemon juice, lime juice, and salt
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Vegetable oil

Directions:
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, fry tortillas one at a time; flipping once until crisp (about 1-2 minutes total). Transfer fried tortillas to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess oil. Blot tops of tortillas as well. Stack tortillas on top of one another, but keep separated with layers of paper towel.

Once tortillas are done top each fried tortilla shell with beans and toppings of your choice. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: