January 2, 2009

Grilled BBQ Steak, Jen's Potluck Potatoes, and Glazed Carrots

I totally forgot to post today! It just slipped my mind completely! I finally remembered after we were finished eating, so I guess this post is better late than never. Nothing really exciting going on in our house for dinner tonight. We just threw some steaks on the grill, then I made a batch of my potluck potatoes, and some glazed carrots to go on the side. Nothing noteworthy to report, other than I used shredded hash brown potatoes and added a can of cheddar cheese soup...just to see what would happen. The potatoes came out great as usual, just a little cheesier and a little soupier (but not runny). I do hate myself for loving (and using) canned, condensed, 'cheese' or 'cream of' soups...but in my defense, I try to make them a once in a while thing. I understand that they are the nutritional equivalent of junk food (look at the food label sometime and you will see what I am talking about), but there is something so homey about them. Also, they are easy. Sometimes, easy wins at our house. Oh well, I will just continue to live with condensed soup guilt. Here is the link to the potatoes and the photo. Overall, this was an easy and yummy dinner.

Jen's Potluck Potatoes


No comments: