January 31, 2009

Jen's Easy Grilled Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches

During my Sprout's shopping bonanza, I took advantage of their "one-day only" sausage sale. Most varieties of their fresh, made-on-premises, sausage was on sale for 1.99/lb.! That was a $3 saving from their normal non-sale price. I bought some Portuguese Pork Linguisa sausage, and the flavor we are having tonight for dinner, Spicy Chicken Parmesan sausage. I froze the rest of my meat bounty for other meals down the road, but I could not pass up trying the chicken sausage immediately. As it approaches the Super Bowl, I start to crave 'game day' type food. Probably because all of the food websites I read have suggestions for Super Bowl party food. All I can think about lately is appetizers, sandwiches, and finger foods! I figured we would just throw these beauties on the grill, and I would saute up some onions and peppers to go on top. Yum. Certainly not complicated fare...but darn easy and delicious.

I really don't have a recipe for tonight's meal...everything we are making is fairly self-explanatory. I am not even sure if I am going to make anything besides these sandwiches. Maybe glazed carrots...but I am not sold on that idea, either. This should be a quick and easy meal. Grilling is sooooo simple to do, but does not deliver simple flavors. There is something about the marks and the smoky, cooked-outside taste that the grill lends. The weather is still nice here in AZ, so we may have a patio dinner again tonight. Grilled food and eating outside seem to go hand in hand. The more I think about it, the more I am looking forward to dinner tonight. I love grilled food!

No comments: