January 26, 2009

Laura's Chicken Salad

This is my favorite chicken salad recipe. My friend Laura introduced it to me a few months ago, and I am deeply in love with it. I decided to mix a batch up to have for lunch around here, since the husband usually takes the leftovers. Yum! This is so good...I can't wait to eat lunch today!

Laura’s Chicken Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients:
4 cups of diced cooked chicken (or rinsed and drained canned chicken)
3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1/3 cup of green onions, chopped (or regular diced onions work too)
¼ cup of chopped walnuts or sliced almonds
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of celery, diced finely
1 cup of green grapes, sliced in halves
1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard (my addition to Laura’s recipe-optional)
1 jar of sliced pimentos (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon of sweet pickle relish (another addition of mine)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients into a large bowl and combine thoroughly. Serve on mini croissants or a bread of your choice. I love toasted whole wheat!

Jen's Notes:
I used one can of diced white chicken (Kirkland brand from Costco) for the batch I made today. I like to keep the batches small, because then it retains all the crunch and yumminess. This recipe is flexible enough to adapt for a larger or smaller portion, depending on your needs!

No comments: