January 26, 2009

Tuscan Lemon Chicken

Well, this is my last whole chicken. I had bought a few and froze them at the end of October, and I am sad that this is the last one from that bargain bonanza. Whenever I see a smokin' sale on these babies I try and stock up. I love cooking whole chickens, because we end up getting at least 2-3 meals, and a good supply of homemade chicken stock, from one chicken. Also, what is easier than marinating a whole bird and then throwing it on the grill???? (You don't have to answer that...I know it's easy!) This is a Ina recipe that I tweaked to my liking. Actually, I tweaked the cooking method. Really, it is a fusion between a Rick Bayless cooking method and a Barefoot Contessa marinade. What can I say, most of my good ideas are borrowed. This is a super-simple way to prepare this dish, in which the chicken comes out perfectly cooked every time.

I am not sure what I am going to make with this dish, probably the standard frozen veggies and baked (microwaved) potatoes. I am really not interested in fussing over dinner tonight, so I think I will keep it easy. Here is the link to my original post for this recipe (see below). I am kinda looking forward to a low-key meal tonight.

Tuscan Lemon Chicken

My house smells really fresh and bright from mixing up the lemon marinade earlier today. I love the smell and flavor of fresh lemons. This is going to be really good!!!



The Result:
Crispy skin, juicy chicken....ummmmmmm.

No comments: