January 22, 2009

"Looking Good, Billy Ray"--"Feeling Good, Louis!"

Okay, so I am feeling better. I have watched a lot of TV these past few days, and for some reason this movie quote from Trading Places circa 1983 popped into my head for the title of this post. Hey, who doesn't love the early days of Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy...especially in this movie??? Between sleeping, coughing, whining, sneezing, and crying, I did manage to watch a couple of my favorite movies. This one still cracks me up.

So, as I said before, the boy and I caught some sort of nasty bug. Apparently, if you are an almost 3 year old boy, you bounce back within a day or two. If you are a thirty-something mom, you are struck down with the plague for almost a week. Ugh. I seriously could not function. For some reason, this hit me hard. I was sicker than I have been in a long time. Thankfully, my husband stayed home to take care of both of us. I was incapable of getting out of bed to even get myself a drink of water, let alone take care of a small child. If I haven't said it before, I will say it now...my husband rocks!!! Seriously...he is the best (and I am not just sucking up...I mean it!). My husband is pretty handy in the kitchen too, so we did not starve. The first night he did get some take-out pizza, but then he cooked a total of three meals for us (one lunch and two dinners). He did really well and took care of everything from start to finish. We had familiar comforting food, which totally hit the spot. Again, it was so nice to be able to pass out and not worry about anything.
Unfortunately, the husband is now sick. He started this morning with the dreaded symptoms...just as I started feeling better. Turn about is fair play. It looks like my weekend will be spent taking care of him. He is pretty low-maintenance when he is sick so it shouldn't be that bad. Lock him in our room with a pile of action movies on DVD and he will be fine.

I should be back to cooking dinner tomorrow night, but I am not sure what I am going to make. Something easy, for sure. Here are the links to the meals my husband made for us.

Cheeseburgers (without side dishes)
Steak and Potatoes (with green beans)
Jen's Pesto Chicken and Gnocci with Broccoli

Hopefully, we will all be back to normal by the end of the weekend. Also,I need to mention that my husband brews the perfect cup of hot peppermint tea and honey. It's his gift. Every time I do it, it just doesn't taste as good. I am not sure what he does differently, but it is magic in a cup!

No comments: