February 3, 2009

Chipotle Tamale Pie

I had a completely different meal slotted for tonight's dinner. However, when I went to go pull the protein item for the other dish from my freezer, I noticed that I had ground turkey that was on the brink of not being usable. Apparently, there was a mishap with the vacuum seal bag, because this turkey has succumbed to some freezer burn and the bag itself had a lot of air in it. Ugh. All of my other meat stores seemed to be okay, so I am hoping that this is just an isolated incident. Anyway, I need to use this turkey.

This dish is one of our favorites...certainly our favorite ground turkey recipe. I usually always have all the ingredients on hand, so it is pretty fast and cheap to put together. Since there are no surprises, I think I will just post the link to my original recipe. I think we will serve either some steamed green beans or broccoli with this dish...maybe, glazed carrots if I feel like putting forth the effort.


Chipotle Tamale Pie

Hopefully, the turkey will hold up, and this meal will be just as good as it normally is...wish me luck!!!

No comments: