March 11, 2009

Veggie Cheeseburgers on Whole Wheat Buns

My husband took the day off so we could take our little guy on a family outing. We ended up going to the Phoenix Children's Museum, which is my son's version of utopia. It is a 3 year olds' paradise! My son hit all the exhibits and then we had a family picnic lunch in their grassy, outdoor area right before we headed home. All in all, it was a really fun morning.
Since today is a "family fun" day, I decided that dinner would be fun and easy, too. I know, big surprise!!!! Easy has been my focus for the last couple of weeks. I bought some pre-made veggie burgers at Costco, so I think we will cook those up and top 'em with cheese. I still have a few homemade whole wheat buns leftover to go with them, and I think I will make the salad I was supposed to make yesterday,too. Glazed carrots (see next post) and baked (microwaved) potatoes will round out our meal. This is really not a very exciting dinner (I don't even want to bore you with a photo and/or results), but it should be quick to prepare and fairly yummy!

Veggie Cheeseburgers on Whole Wheat Buns

Ingredients:
3-4 pre-made veggie burgers (I use Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties)
sliced cheese of your choice
3-4 whole wheat buns
diced onions
yellow mustard
dill pickle relish

Directions:
Cook veggie burgers according to package directions. Melt cheese slices over top. Place on buns and top with mustard, onions, and pickle relish. Serve immediately.

No comments: