I made these for our San Diego trip. They are yummy. Yeah...that is all I want to say about that.
Cherrios Breakfast Cookies
From: recipezaar.com/recipe #142860 (by hellokitty)
(Adapted from the Cherrios website)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats or quick-cooking oat
1 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
1. Heat oven to 375°. Stir together sugar, butter, peanut butter, water, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except cereal. Gently stir in cereal.
2. Drop dough by rounded 1/3 cupfuls 4 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Flatten dough to about 1 inch thick.
3. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store loosely covered.
4. *If using spread, use only stick that has more than 65% vegetable oil.
5. High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase bake time to 14-16 minute.
6.( The recipe doesn't say how many servings it comes up with, but I went with 12 cookies, but of course, if you want Jumbo ones then they will be bigger and you will get less cookies).
© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com